1. The Law is Complicated and Confusing – There is a reason why even seasoned lawyers do not represent themselves in court. When you are too close to a situation, you tend to think with your heart, and not your head. A trained, emotionally detached attorney with a strong understanding of the legal system is imperative to maintaining a cool head under pressure. Attorney’s also have knowledge of court deadlines and protocol which must be followed to the letter when filing legal documents. One late or incorrect filing could cause your entire case to crumble. Trust your attorney’s knowledge of the law. They went to four very long years of Law School to acquire it, and they know it inside and out. Foregoing the presence of a lawyer while reviewing contracts or starting a business can also lead to avoidable headaches.
2. Attorneys Have Connections – Expert witnesses and private detectives often fill rolodexes on the desks of many lawyers. This network of contacts comes with years of experience that the average person does not have. The presence of such key professionals can help in challenging testimony or evidence by the opposing party.
3. Experience in negotiating settlements and plea bargains – In cases of civil or criminal suits, sometimes it makes more sense to seek a settlement or plea bargain. Chances are, an experienced attorney will have seen cases similar to yours before and will be able to make a calculated guess as to how it might end at trial. These lawyers have experience in negotiating settlements and plea bargains for their clients, often saving them money and/or jail time.
4. How Do You Plead? – We’ve all heard these words asked in courtroom shows, but your plea can be a make or break moment in your case. An attorney’s expertise and this matter is not just recommended, it is essential. Your lawyer will explain your options and help you avoid more severe penalties. Don’t gamble with your financial future and freedom!
5. The Other Party Likely Has One – Non-attorneys representing themselves against an experienced attorney is akin to entering a boxing match with your hands tied behind your back. The playing field needs to be level. The attorneys representing your opposition will take full advantage of your lack of legal expertise to pull the rug out from under you.
Hiring a lawyer to defend you in your legal battles aids in your protection, and will benefit your case and your future at the same time!
The Orlando Law Group is ready to help defend your rights, and provide you the highest level of legal expertise and service available! Call 407.512.4394 today to schedule a consultation.
Last Updated on May 2, 2017 by The Orlando Law Group