The Orlando Law Group

Personal Immigration Law

If you or a loved one is looking to come to the United States, The Orlando Law Group is here to help you create your own American Dream!

Or maybe you’re already here on a non-permanent visa and would like to adjust your status to become a citizen of the United States. We can review your options with you to provide you with the best possible chance of achieving your goals.

To be frank, the immigration process is extremely difficult.

Due to the amount of fraudulent advice by individuals claiming to help you with your immigration process, combined with the political pressure surrounding immigrants, federal agents who handle your case are often increasingly strict and thorough in the handling of your case.

Even without this, the process is incredibly complicated with what seems like a pile of paperwork and an alphabet soup of what is available.

On top of that, there are a number of individuals and so-called assistance programs who are simply out to get your money by giving you false hope. There is no easy or free option for you to get a visa, green card, or by which to naturalize. Never trust anyone who says there is an easy solution.

That’s why you should reach out to The Orlando Law Group.

We are a full-service law firm uniquely situated to help individuals like you with your immigration needs in Orlando, Waterford Lakes, Altamonte Springs, Winter Garden, Lake Nona, St. Cloud, or Kissimmee.

Of course, the first step on your immigration journey should be a review of what options may be available to you. There may be more than one path available to achieve your dreams and you deserve to know all of them.

After a review of your individual circumstance, The Orlando Law Group can help with:

  • Naturalization: The Orlando Law Group can help you navigate the path from no status/temporary status to lawful permanent resident to citizen.
  • Family-based Immigration: These are a common yet difficult path to entering the United States. Under this category, we can help with:
    • Derivative spouse and children visas
    • Lawful permanent residency
    • Fiancé and Non-citizen spouses
    • Removal of conditions
  • Employment-based Immigration: Want to work in Florida? We can help with many employment-based preference categories and visa hopefuls:
    • Permanent Labor Certification (PERM)
    • E Visas (non-immigrant treaty traders and investors)
    • H-1B Visas (non-immigrants with specialty occupations)
    • H-2A Visas (non-immigrant agricultural workers)
    • H-2B Visas (non-immigrant seasonal workers)
    • L Visas (non-immigrant individuals working for a multi-national company in a branch office)
    • O Visas (non-immigrant individuals with extraordinary abilities in the arts)
    • Q Visas (non-immigrant cultural exchange programs)
    • R Visas (non-immigrant religious workers)
  • Humanitarian-based Immigration: If you have experienced violence against your person, were brought into the United States prior to the age of 16, have experienced persecution or have a well-founded fear of persecution for a variety of reasons. We can help with:
    • Refugee and Asylee Seekers
    • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA recipients or “Dreamers”)
    • T Visas (victims of human (sexual or labor) trafficking)
    • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) self-petitioners (victims of domestic violence)
    • Temporary Protected Status (TPS) holders
  • Miscellaneous Non-Immigrant Visas, such as:
    • B1 and B2 Visitors and Purposes other than business visas
    • F Visas (non-immigrant student visas)
    • J Visas (non-immigrant exchange visitors)

Plus, The Orlando Law Group has an entire practice devoted to helping businesses. As such, since many employment visas require actions from your future employer, we are well situated to work with the business as well.

If you are a business owner, The Orlando Law Group is the perfect fit to help your business with the following employment immigration solutions in Orlando, Winter Garden, Altamonte Springs, St. Cloud, Kissimmee, Sanford and throughout Central Florida.

  • Employment visas for potential employees or executives transferring to an office in Florida.
  • Investor visas, for individuals looking to invest significantly in Florida.
  • Business expansion for companies looking to open an office in Florida or move their headquarters to the United States.

Do you need help with an immigration solution in Orlando, Waterford Lakes, Altamonte Springs, Winter Garden, Lake Nona, St. Cloud, or Kissimmee? We’re here to help you with a full team of attorneys who care about you and your circumstance and treat you with compassion while seeking the best possible outcome for you.

 Frequently asked questions about individual immigration

My cousin used a notario publico. Can’t I just use her?

A notario publico is a notary public, however, the differences between a notary public in the United States and one in a foreign country are vast. In many foreign countries, a notario publico may have received the equivalent of a law license and be able to practice law, but that doesn’t apply in the United States, where only a  a professional attorney can represent you in these matters. We recommend you reach out to The Orlando Law Group to handle your immigration matter, so you have a trained, barred, professional assisting you on this complicated journey.

My child needs to put a social security number on a document at school. What do I do?

It is illegal for public schools under Federal law to require a student to give their social security number. It is also illegal for a public school to prevent a student that chose not to give their social security number or other documents from enrolling or attending the school, or even enjoying the benefits or services provided by the school. If a school or school official tells you otherwise, you should seek out an Immigration Attorney to help you fight for your child’s rights to education. The Orlando Law Group is prepared to assist you and your child in receiving the education they deserve regardless of status.

Does my dreamer status change when I turn 18?

Congratulations on reaching legal adulthood and all the exciting things that come with it! A dreamer was a minor child when they came to the United States with their parents. Dreamers (or DACA recipients) do not age out of their benefits at the age of 18, but they may age out when they turn 21 years of age. The laws on this subject are constantly changing, so it’s imperative you consider look for alternate solutions to stay in the only country you know. Contact an attorney at The Orlando Law Group to help you prepare a plan for yourself or your dream child.

Can I become a U.S. Citizen as a dreamer?

Absolutely and many dreamers have become citizens. The Orlando Law Group can work with you to find your best solution to become a U.S. Citizen.

I met the love of my life while he was on vacation. How do I get him to move to Florida so we can be together?

Congratulations on meeting the love of your life. There is so much to plan and do before your love can come with you, and The Orlando Law Group is here to help you. If you wish to bring a significant other with you to the United States to begin your life together you have options, but you must be cautious to take the rights steps and prepare adequately as this process is complicated and lengthy. Contact The Orlando Law Group and set up a consultation so we can help you and your lover begin your life together.

Can’t I just stay here while I work on making my stay in Florida permanent? 

The good news is yes, sometimes you can, but that is not always an option for every individual. Actions both before and while you are in Florida can impact whether you may remain in the United States during the immigration process. Contact an attorney to help you determine what your next steps are, as if you stay when the immigration process does not allow you to while waiting on permanent residency or citizenship, you may jeopardize your entire application.

What’s the first step of the process to getting a visa?

The first step to getting a visa is twofold: (1) gather all important information and evidence of your life both abroad and in the United States, and; (2) contact an attorney to assist you with documentation. The process to getting a visa is often difficult and incredibly complicated, having an attorney by your side means you never have to second guess yourself and documents are completed properly the first time around, giving you the best possible chance to your visa application being approved.

I’m not sure if my job is one that qualifies for a visa. Is there a list of jobs I can check?

The United States Customs and Immigration Services provides a vast amount of information regarding work related visas on their website, however, employment and work is so broad that they couldn’t possibly have a list of every job and whether it qualifies for a visa. Contacting an attorney who is familiar with what jobs and career fields have visas available will ensure not only that you can fill out an application, but they can assist you with the completion of that application and potentially speed the process up.

I’m leaving my husband to come to America, but I can’t let him know because of abuse. How do I do this without him knowing?

We are proud of you for taking the first step to ensuring your (and potentially your children’s) safety. The United States has passed the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) aimed at protecting undocumented or permanent residents of any gender from domestic abuse (both physical and mental). Contacting an attorney is the first step as an attorney can work discreetly with you to assist you with the filing, document gathering, and preparation work of filing for a VAWA self-petitioner green card.

How often will I need to return to my home country after I’m approved for a visa?

Not every visa will require you or your family to return to your home country after a certain number of years, but many will. Each requirement varies by visa, so contacting an attorney will help you prepare for the eventuality of return, but also, the process to come back to the United States as well.

I’m fearful of returning to my home country because of the violence. Is there any way I can stop this?

If you have fled your home country due to your fear to return and not yet entered the United States you may have refugee status and may apply for permanent residency based on that. If you have entered the United States and have received deportation orders but fear return, you may file an Asylum application. Both are long and difficult processes that not only include filing petitions, but also evidence gathering and presentation, witness statements, court dates, and more. You should immediately contact an attorney to assist you with either refugee or asylum status and applications to ensure the best possible outcome in an area of law filled with uncertainty.

My child is turning 18 and wants to eliminate her dual citizenship and just be a citizen of the United States. That should be simple, right?

Nothing in immigration is ever as simple as we wish it was. Removing citizenship for another country can be complicated and often will depend on the other nation’s laws regarding dual nationality. Additionally, abandoning citizenship of another country may have negative consequences for your child’s future. Contacting an attorney can ensure that not only is the process complete but also that you and your child have every fact regarding what the loss of dual nationality may trigger.

Am I required to get a visa to visit the United States?

If you are a resident of select countries listed on this State Department website, will most likely qualify for the Visa Waiver Program. If you are from a country not listed, reach out to us today so we can help you.

How long can I visit the United States without a visa? 

The length of your stay without a visa to the United States varies by circumstances. The maximum amount of time granted is 90 days without a visa, however, without appropriate proof you may be denied entry all together. Contacting an attorney can assist you with preparing the proof you’ll need to show customs and border patrol to obtain entry.

I was accepted into the University of Central Florida; do I need to get a visa to attend? 

Congratulations and Go Knights! If you are a resident of a foreign country, to attend any higher education institution in the United States an education visa is required. Contacting an attorney will ensure your visa application is completely both timely and correct so as not to delay your education unnecessarily.

Discuss your case with us

*indicates a required field

    or call us

    (407) 512-4394