The Orlando Law Group

Business Immigration Law

For many businesses, immigration may be a great solution to your labor problems. The right scientist may come from Egypt, or the greatest coder could be from Argentina.

Your company may be looking at expanding into the United States, which will require you to jump over hurdles that will be unexpected and daunting.

Almost every aspect of the immigration process is complicated. It is important to have the right advisors to assist you in navigating the complex immigration system to meet your business’ needs.

The Orlando Law Group is here for you.

Not only do we have a full-service immigration practice that understands the alphabet soup of visas and how to utilize them, but The Orlando Law Group was founded by an entrepreneur who has been in your position, and now owns and leads a wide range of companies.

The Orlando Law Group is the perfect fit to help your business with the following employment immigration solutions in Orlando, Winter Garden, Altamonte Springs, St. Cloud, Kissimmee, Sanford and throughout Central Florida:

  • Employment visas for potential employees or executives transferring to an office in Florida.
  • Investor visas to bring capital into Florida and United States-based businesses.
  • Business expansion for companies looking to open an office in Florida or move their headquarters to the United States.

Of course, The Orlando Law Group can help with a wide range of other immigration issues for individuals dealing with issues such as:

  • Naturalization
  • Employment-based immigration
  • Humanitarian-based immigration
  • Non-immigrant Visas

Do you need help finding an immigration solution for your business in Orlando, Waterford Lakes, Altamonte Springs, Winter Garden, Lake Nona, St. Cloud, or Kissimmee? We’re here to help you with a full team of attorneys who care about you and your circumstances, treating you with compassion while seeking the best possible outcome for you and your business.

Frequently Asked Questions about Business Immigration

I’m looking to hire workers only for the tourist season. What do I need to do?

The very first step is to see if you qualify to hire workers under the H-2 visa program. These visas were specifically designed to address labor shortages needed for short-term employment in the agriculture and service industries, but these visas have a variety of requirements to be met and there are multiple types of visas for similar uses.  That’s why we’re here. To help you navigate these requirements.

I need an employee with skills which are hard to find in the United States. How do I expand my search to find a that employee somewhere outside the United States?

This exact circumstance is one of the primary objectives of our nation’s immigration laws, ensuring the best and brightest minds across the globe are welcome and encouraged to bring their ingenuity to our country. It isn’t easy, however. We understand and have experience with a variety of visas and would be happy to speak with you to determine what your options may be. There may also be options for family members of workers as well.

Which visa works best to hire a specific employee?

There are too many possibilities to directly answer this question. Both you and your potential employee’s unique situation will determine what visa should be used. Too often, people try to guess and guess wrong, forcing them to start the process over again. By reaching out to The Orlando Law Group, we’ll stop the guessing game and get it right the first time.

Do I need to register with E-Verify?

The laws on E-Verify change regularly and are dependent on what state you live in. In Florida, if you do business with a public entity, you are required to use E-Verify for every employee. If you are a private business with no public entity contracts, E-Verify is optional, but you still must collect the information from your potential employee.

What does “public entity?” mean or refer to?

According to Florida Statute 448.095, it is “an entity within state, regional, county, local, or municipal government, whether executive, judicial, or legislative, or any public school, community college, or state university.”

My company is transferring an executive from an overseas branch to Orlando. Do I really need a lawyer to complete this process?

Yes, you should seek the advice of an attorney to ensure that the process is done correctly, legally and efficiently. When a foreign national is planning on living and working in the United States, they need to make sure they are complying with U.S. immigration law. Companies that want to use foreign workers also need to make sure that the complex immigration laws are being followed. It is always suggested that you seek legal advice before beginning any U.S. immigration process.

I’m thinking about expanding my business into the United States. What do I need to do?

Like all areas of the law, there are many factors to consider. For instance, do you plan to join the company’s expansion, or will you be hiring a U.S. national as an executive? Due to varying federal and state regulations, you’ll need to have an attorney work with you before, during and after your expansion. Please reach out to us today.

My visa is about to expire, and I do not want to lose my business. What do I do?

Every situation is different. As such, it is advised that you speak with a competent immigration attorney to assist throughout the process. You should always be aware of the dates through which your visa is valid as well as the date of expiration of your authorized stay and should never let your visa expire. We understand that there are situations in which you cannot renew you visa due to changes in the law or the fact that you have reached the maximum amount of time you are allowed to be in the U.S. under that visa. There may still be options for you. Please reach out to us to see if we can assist.

The attorneys at The Orlando Law Group represent clients in Orlando, Waterford Lakes, Altamonte Springs, Winter Garden, Lake Nona, St. Cloud, Kissimmee, Sanford and throughout central Florida.

If you would like to schedule a consultation for assistance with your immigration matter, please reach out to our office at 407-512-4394, fill out our online contact form or save this information in case you ever find yourself or a loved one needing to use it.

Discuss your case with us

*indicates a required field

    or call us

    (407) 512-4394