Published: June 2020
By: Personal Injury Lawyer
People hear the phrase personal injury and they usually think, “I’ll never need that.” The truth is that, at the end of the day, accidents always happen when we least expect them. We cannot foresee them, but we can be prepared for them. We cannot avoid them, but we can conquer them with the right tools. That is where one of our personal injury lawyers can help, and in this article, we wanted to give you a general overview of what Personal Injury Law entails and break some of the myths that follow suit.
At the end of the day, every single category of law grows to develop its own culture, systems, and practices; however, as inevitable change occurs, universal truths bubble to the surface.
To dig deep into what Personal Injury Law is all about, we must concretely determine the definition of certain terms, one being negligence. The doctrine of negligence requires that every member of society act responsibly and avoid putting others at risk. Sounds simple, right?
Unfortunately, this does not always happen, and that is when personal injury attorneys work hard to seek justice for situations such as wrongful death, property damages, or medical bills that have been accrued. Our law firm takes personal injury cases very seriously, mainly because an injured person could be facing mounting medical expenses due to their accident.
We are a law firm that is fully equipped to handle different types of injuries that have occurred due to a car accident, and we work diligently to help your insurance company maximize your monetary compensation. Not only this but if you feel that you were harmed due to purposeful wrongdoing, then you could be entitled to punitive damages.
These are meant to not only offer more assistance but also punish the party that has instigated the damage to the injured party. It is important to note that these can be rare in medical malpractice cases, mainly because the doctor would have had to purposefully cause the patient harm.
Although the statute of limitations in Florida is four years from the date of the accident to file the lawsuit, this should not warrant waiting to any degree. One of the important factors of personal injury law is how expedient we can be in filing your claim.
Personal Injury Overview – Aspects
When breaking down aspects of personal injury lawsuits, it is sometimes easiest to begin with the cause. We are going to take a deep dive into five different situations that can result in the need for a Personal Injury Lawyer.
1. Were you recently in an accident? Many of our clients come from car accidents, but personal injuries happen beyond the confines of an automobile.
2. Did someone intentionally do harm to you? We take great pride in the fact that our compassion always equals our commitment to seeking justice for those who have been harmed, especially on purpose.
3. Did a defective product cause damage? Thanks to the internet, companies can sell just about anything, no matter the effectiveness or quality of the product. Be aware that we are here to help you if you have been damaged by a faulty product.
4. Has your character been harmed in any way? We live in a time when people engage in massive amounts of conversation every day. The internet is a ripe location for negativity, and your character must always be protected.
Even though those four situations may encapsulate what makes up the “why” behind Personal Injury Law, you may have guessed that there is much more nuance involved. Here are some questions I get on the matter.
1. What would you say is a common misconception about Personal Injury Law? One big misconception is that people are milking their injuries for money. The whole purpose of personal injury law is to make someone as whole as possible. The system we have is complicated and can be terrible on the individual. The only way we can make that better is money, but that money many times goes towards medical bills and making the person’s life better.
2. What is one of the hardest aspects of what you do as a Personal Injury Lawyer? One of the more difficult tasks involves dealing with insurance adjusters. Their entire job is to minimize the amount of injury my client has suffered. Insurance companies do not make money when claims are paid. It is an odd dichotomy, but it is true.
3. What would you want people to know most about Personal Injury Law? Contact me immediately after an accident. Speaking with an insurance company by yourself will not help anything at all, and they might try to take advantage of you. If they can pay out less on a claim, they save money. If they can save money, they will. The time after the accident happens matters so much. You get involved in an accident and your shoulder hurts a little bit, but you do not think anything of it. Take it seriously, quickly, and that can be in our favor.
4. How has technology changed the way you do your job? Google Maps and Good Street View allows us to get and use more relevant information quicker. Technology, simply put, has allowed me to be more thorough, and that increases the prospect of victory with my clients.
In conclusion, if you have a personal injury claim, it would be a good idea to have a conversation with one of our attorneys. We want you to be able to benefit from our experience, and the only way to do that is to properly assess the situation and see what specific advice we would be able to give. For us at the Orlando Law Group, we take our job very seriously because many times, it means helping the livelihood of another human being. If you feel that you have been harmed in any way due to an accident, do not feel powerless. Do not let it paralyze you from acting fast. Reach out to us as soon as possible, and we will work hard to help. It is more than just our job. It is our purpose, and we take it personal.
Last Updated on October 17, 2023 by The Orlando Law Group